SLIPS AND GLAZES
RESEARCH, COMPOSITION AND APPLICATION
3 sessions of 4 hours each session
This course is designed for those people, who have done ceramics or not, have a special interest in knowing the chemistry of the glazes, their theory and application to achieve different effects.
No previous experience is necessary, take your notebook and come to investigate!
- What is a glaze?
- Slips, glazes and ceramic pastes
- Oxides and dyes with their effects
- Bases, formulas and balance.
- Glaze preparation and test application
- Analysis of the results.
- Glaze-free composition by students.
- Firing theory, cooking curve and how to load the kiln.
- Techniques and practices of the application: brush, bathed, poured, gun, the manipulation of the glazed pieces
- Hygiene and safety in the workshop
SCHEDULE: Undetermined. Check the calendar
This course includes:
- Clay, tools, firing, glazes and slips.
- Protection material